Friday, July 14, 2017

It's Your Day - Masculine Birthday Card

Hello and welcome back, crafting friends.
It's my turn today to share a card on the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.
I made this card for my Uncle and since it's going to be put in the mail to go overseas, I didn't want to add any embellishments that would make it bulky.


I began by adhering a piece of double-sided adhesive sheet to a piece of black cardstock.  Using the Elizabeth Crafts Chevron Background die, I cut the background for my card. I peeled the backing off and adhered it to a piece of silver cardstock. Don't throw the adhesive backing away - you can use it as a stencil on another project.



I also used the same die to cut a chevron background out of red and out of white cardstock.
This time I did not use any adhesive paper.


I then cut a 2" strip of the silver cardstock and embossed it with a Gears embossing folder. Next came the car which was cut with a die from Frantic Stamper called Convertible Roadster. As you can see, I cut out the card out of red and of the silver cardstock. This is because I wanted to paper piece the wheels and the front of the card.  Then it was time for the fun part.  I used some of the banner cut outs of the red and white cardstocks and paper pieced them onto my original background to give it some colour and create a fun pattern. After adhering the embossed strip to the background die, I pop dotted the car using foam tape to add dimension but still keep the bulk to a minimum.


As you can see, on the inside of the card, I stamped my message and added another one of the banner cut out pieces from the Chevron Background die.  I also added a couple of gears which I cut using the Gears die from Memory Box.

I hope my post has inspired you to use your dies to add a few masculine cards to your stash. Now it's your turn to come play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  Be sure to Follow Us on Facebook too. 


Till next time,

9 comments:

  1. OMG Lena...What a Spectacular Card. WOW I am totally blown away with what you created...it's totally super cool, awesome and amazing...WOW!
    You definitely did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! YOU so ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena,
    I love this card! It is so masculine but reminds me of something out of the roaring 20's era at the same time! Great design and papers
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous!! I love the dies you used!! Perfect masculine card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though this card is without embellies it feels like it's been decorated with your clever use of colors and patterns. Great masculine and postage friendly design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic Lena! I love your background, and how clever to keep the adhesive backing paper to use as a stencil! A perfect male card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous! I really like that background die you used and the car is a classic. I need to check out Dies R Us and see what I can add to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lena, First I want to say your card is wonderful, I love the background.
    I called by as I saw your commentMay 5th on Kevin McCrafty's blog asking about Kevin and Heather. Sadly Heather passed away last year and Kevin has taken a break from blogging. xxx Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lena - thank you for the comments you left on my previous card, just wanted to pop over to see what you are up to and saw this perfect card for a fellah! I Love that chevron die and am going to put it on me 'wish list'!! The layout of your card is super - and it doesn't need any more embellishment because it really is wonderful as it is. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)