Thursday, May 4, 2017

Mother's Day Card at Cardz TV

Happy Friday crafting friends!
We are starting a new term at Cardz TV. Mary has shaken things up a bit. We now have two teams that post every alternate week, so there is inspiration for you every Friday. I'm happy to tell you that I was selected for the Mailbox Smiles team. Our other team is the Card Crazy Crafters :-)


As always, our challenge is Anything Goes.
Prize ~ A stamp set from Cardz TV.

As promised, I'm going to share with you the very first card I embroidered and what was the start of a new branch of this card making hobby of mine. I love embroidering cards!
I made this card to give to my mom on Mother's Day.


I love these pretty colours together and love the linen card stock base. So elegant! For the center of this card, I used one of the new flower stamp and die sets from Cottage Cutz. I used copic markers to colour in the image. I punched the corners with a decorative punch and added a little gem for some additional bling.


 I stamped and cut two sets of the rose stamp, so that I could fussy cut the center rose and pop dot it to add some dimension to the image. I went over the roses and the butterfly with a Wink of Stella pen to add a little sparkle here and there.



On the inside, I used the Going in Circles stamp set from Cardz TV.
Here is a quick look at this stamp set. It has so many greetings for a variety of occasions. I also like that you can add a little image to the center for a little extra interest :-)


You can view and/or purchase this and other Cardz TV stamp sets HERE.

You could win a fabulous stamp set just by playing along with us! Our challenges run for two weeks, so you have till noon, EST on 18 May, 2017 to link your project to the Cardz TV blog.  Remember, for more inspiration, please visit the blog and take a look at the beautiful projects my very talented DT sisters made for you.  Can't wait to see all your beautiful creations!

Crafty hugs, 

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Lena...OMG What a Gorgeous Card!! Your coloring in incredible!! Love too how you fussy cut the rose and made it dimensional & looks like the butterfly is too....your card is Spectacular. You so did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! Hope you have a Fabulous Friday!!!
    YOU SO ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena,
    It goes without saying that your card is fabulous! I adore everything about it from the embroidery to the "wink of Stella' !
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, amazing, I love all your techniques!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lena your embroidery is just stunning. Adore the feminine feel of this.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is stunning, Lena!! The embroidery looks amazing!! I love the flowers and colors!! What a gorgeous card for your Mom!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such perfect embroidery Lena and so pretty too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Lena! Your mom is going to LOVE it!! (Hugs!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Lena. Love the colors.
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure your mother will love this card.
    You did a good job with the embroidery!!!!
    I am happy you like it.
    XXX Marian

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love all your cards, Lena. They are always so pretty. DT Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)