Saturday, May 13, 2017

4th of July Card at DRU with Lena

Hello crafting friends and welcome back. It's my turn today to share a card at the Dies R Us Inspirational blog.  I chose to work a little ahead and made this Happy 4th of July card.


I began by cutting my card base out of cherry red card stock. This card measures 5.5" x 5.5"


Using the America Frame and the Eagle dies from Amy Designs, I made my cuts out of dark blue card stock. I took the middle cut out piece from the frame die and embossed with a Swiss Dots embossing folder. Then I took my ribbon, wrapped it around this cut out and glued the whole thing back into the middle of the die.


Next I took all the pieces that were left on the eagle die and paper pieced them back into my eagle cut. This makes for a more solid image. While getting all the little pieces, I coloured the beak yellow. I used a piece of tape on the back of the eagle to keep all the little cut outs in place.

I cut out two oval mats using the Spellbinders Large Oval dies, stacked them and used them to frame my eagle.


I kept the inside of the card pretty simple. I just stamped the greeting, using Cardz TV's All American Greetings stamp set, and added a couple of stars.

I've been asked many times how I store my cards, so here is a quick share.



Most of my cards are either 6.5" x 5" or 5.5" x 5.5". I purchase clear poly bags which are slightly bigger to accommodate the embellishments.  I always place a matching envelope together with the card in the bag. These bags allow me to see the card, keep it clean and  protected, and I always have the envelope ready to address.

 I have two of card storage boxes with dividers. I place my cards in them and put them on the shelf ready to use.  I have quite a few cards for Christmas, Female and Male birthdays.  These get stored in a different box as there are too many of them to place in these boxes.

Now for a quick recap of the dies I used:






I hope I was able to inspire you to use your dies, create a project, and come play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  Be sure to Follow Us on Facebook too. 


Till next time,
Crafty hugs,









6 comments:

  1. Red, white and blue and very 'United States of America' inspired dies, a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love patriotic cards. I need to get some bags and I sure so like your organize system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great patriotic design Lena and I love how you organise your cards.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Lena!! I love the Patriotic dies you used...adding those to my wish list!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)