Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Surf's Up, Santa! :-)

Hello crafting friends. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your loved ones. I still have a few Easter cards to share with you, but today is all about the new challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!



Challenge #119 ~  Embellish It!


Our sponsors this week are:

Prize ~ $15 Gift Certificate


Doctor Digi
Prize ~ 2 Digital Images





I'm so ready for Summer! :-)  I've been having loads of fun creating beach scenes.
I used Surfin Santa from Dr. Digi's to create this fun Santa card.  Growing up in Durban, South Africa, we often saw "Surfin Santas".  Just surfers that would dress up in red swim shorts and wear a Santa hat and hit the surf.  I can tell you that they all came out of the water sans hat :-)
I started by using a 6.5" x 5" white Recollections card.  Then made all my die cuts and started building the scene.  I used X-press It white card stock to print Santa. I find it easier to blend with copic markers on this cardstock.  Here is the list of dies I used -
Wave - Yvonne Creations
Palm Tree - Yvonne Creations
Crab - Cottage Cutz
Seagulls - Impression Obsession
Sun and Sandcastle - used Cricut Explore
The stamps are both from Cardz TV - Gingerbread Christmas and Big Holiday Wishes

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will play along with us this week.   You have till noon, CST, on Tuesday, 25 April 2017, to link your project to the Crafty Gals Corner blog.

Till next time, happy crafting!
Hugs,





6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this card makes me smile!! I love the scene you've created!! Surfin' Santa is so adorable!! The crab is such a fun touch!! The inside is awesome, too!! I love, love this!! I seriously can't quit smiling!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card Lena, I always forget that half the world have sunny Christmas days and not damp grey ones like us in the UK!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HO (LOL). HO. (LOL). HO (LOL). OMG Lena. Your card is Hilarious.......LOVE!!!!! You so did an incredible coloring Job!!! you know what. Your card is Spectacular!!! OUTSTANDING Creative Job!!! YOU SO ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was as sunkissed as your Santa. :) This is a summery and adorable design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena, this is pure happiness! What a joy to see your whimsical card upon my return to crafting and blogging. I missed you so much while injuries kept me away yet again. Your design encourages the sunniest of Christmas carols.. an image that makes my heart dance! Santa is amazing and your scene is spectacular. Lovely work, inside and out! Have a beautiful night, dear friend. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)