Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Challenge #113 at Crafty Gals Corner ~ Polka Dots and/or Stripes

Hello crafting friends. Hope you're all doing well!
Time for another challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!


Challenge #113 ~  Polka Dots and/or Stripes!


Our sponsors for this challenge are:

My Besties
EtsyStore

Prize ~ The following 3 images




Lemon Shortbread
Prize ~ 3 Digital Images

When I saw this image from Lemon Shortbread, I fell in love with it. I always have problems picking an image from our wonderful sponsors. They have so many amazing images, how are you supposed to pick just one? :-) But every so often, an image just calls out to me and in this case this little hedgehog did just that. Now the pressure was on to make a card worthy of him, so I looked through my Silhouette library and found this card fold. I thought it perfect for this little guy.


This image from Lemon Shortbread is called Hedgehog Leaves.
I used copic markers for colouring the image and memento inks for shading the leaves.


The Silhouette design number for this card fold is 179389.
I used Ginak card stocks and DP from a Core'dinations paper stack called Pastels.
The broom is a die cut from Cottage Cutz and the little leaves are from the Leafy Rectangles from Spellbinders.


Here is a close up of the very cute hedgehog.


And a close up of the inside of the card.


A bird's eye view of the card when opened.


And this is how it folds completely flat for mailing. I added a couple of pumpkins cut with a Cottage Cutz die and 3 little candy corn that I had in my stash.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today. Now it's your turn to make a project using polka dots and/or stripes.  You have till noon, CST, on Tuesday, 14 March 2017, to join in the fun at Crafty Gals Corner.

Till next time,
Happy Crafting!
Hugs,



8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card Lena, such an unusual and brilliant fold. Cute hedgehog!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Lena!! I love the creative fold!! The little hedgie is so sweet!! The colors are fabulous!! And I love the candy corn, too...my favorite Fall treat!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lena.
    I am going to try to copy you.
    Hugs marian
    So may be you see it later on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wow, Lena! I love how you colored the leaves and that sweet hedgehog. This is a really fun card fold! Thank you for the inspiration.
    -Miranda
    TheCraftyCritter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo, this is super cute and what an impressive design!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW, Lena, this card is gorgeous! I don't have a silhouette but I'm loving this fold of card! Of course that adorable hedgie is so sweet - I love animals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image is a sweetie and you certainly did it justice with this fab, fun fold! It adds that something special extra to your design...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)