Wednesday, March 1, 2017

CCAYR ~ March Challenge ~ Anything but a Card!

Hello again, crafting friends.
I lost track of time and was thinking that tomorrow was the 1st, so I apologise that this post is late. 


Our challenge for you this month is to make Anything but a card. 

The prize this month is this lovely package of Christmas crafting goodness :-)


Last year, I was going to do a Disney's Micky Mouse Club House pocket letter for my little granddaughter, but time ran away from me and it never got done.  When I saw this challenge, I thought it the perfect time to make one for Christmas 2017 :-)

I searched all these royalty free images on Google and was lucky to find all the characters of Mickey Mouse Club House, Emma's favourite show at the  moment.  Oops, I did not include Pete, but he's not very nice anyways :-)


Since she is only two, I didn't include any tiny trinkets at the back of each pocket.  Instead I made a series of cards that will be used to list her favourite things. I thought this was cute.  She will be able to look back one day and see some of her favourite things at Christmas time when she was three :-)


As you can imagine it was really difficult to take a picture because of the glare bouncing off the plastic of the pocket letter holder.  So I took another couple of pics of just the cards. But let me tell you that it wasn't much better because I used photo paper to print and make these cards, so the glare was still there.  I do hope that you can have a better look at them.  If you click on each image, you will be able to see it better.


I found all of these Disney Christmas frames on Google and added a few Disney characters to the ones that didn't have any.  I also made the center pocket to where my daughter can insert one of Emma's Christmas photos.  Not only will she, one day, look back and see what her favourite things were, but also what she looked like at age 3 :-)

I hope you enjoyed my Anything but a Card project and that it inspired you to join in our challenge this month. Please take a few minutes and visit the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round blog to see all the wonderful projects The Gingerbread Gals made.  And don't forget to come back on the 15th, when the Christmas Belles will post their projects for our mid-month inspiration.

Till next time,
Crafting Hugs


6 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! I love all of the sweet Mickey and Friends images!! What a beautiful keepsake this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lena .... WOWZERS!!!! Your Disney Pocket Letters are Spectacular!!
    I think all your pictures are Fabulous....you sure did one incredible Creative job!! So much love went into this....and your little sweetie will have this to cherish forever...and what a great idea for all her photos. You so did A Super Outstanding Creative job!! I truly am in awe with what you did and how you did it!!! Absolutely Perfect in every way!
    YOU SO ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just precious!! I love Mickey!!You did a wonderful job! I absolutely love it my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning project, and I'm sure it will be treasured.
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is amazing project, I admire you so much because this is a special gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)